Talk about video games and all heads start turning. In the present scenario where the technology is advancing rapidly, the games are gaining huge momentum. Whether kids, youngsters or even older people, all seem to have traveled with its addiction. These have been in existence for quite a while now and is also one of the largest source of entertainment around us. To understand it better, let us have a close overview of the types of games and the negative and positive effects it has.
Types of Video interface games- These are different kinds and have different skill sets, with time limits as well, some are quite basic while others are too advanced. A few of them are-
• Casual Play Games- These games are generally of small duration and are easy to play. They do not need any specific software or system.
• Online gaming – These types of games can be played on any sort of browser and thus attracts a larger audience, objectives strategy and role plays. These games need no specific operating system and are more often played by dedicated gamers.
• Social Network games- These are very common games which are played with the help of social networking forums in order to access its users.
Effects of Video Console Games- Playing such games comes very naturally to kids, something which needs not to be taught to them and they get well conversant with it as they keep playing and has its own effects, some of which are quite positive, while others which are detrimental to the health and the overall well-being. Let us take a look at its positive and negative sides.
• It is said that playing video console games makes the brain very sharp and improves hand eye synchronization.
• They become more adept in facing situations later in life as the skill sets of each level are different and they have to keep the pace going in order to play the game.
• It is more of an addiction and kids give it the earlier importance.
• The attention diverts from studies due to playing games
• Few games involve getting violent in order to kill the opponent and win it so the player starts practicing the same in the real life as well.
• Physical exercise gets reduced as kids want to play video games and not outdoor games.
Even though video games are the most comfortable and user friendly gadgets for people of all ages, especially kids, yet if proper care is not taken it can prove hazardous for the health. So it is of utmost importance that these are given for a stipulated time and are played under proper guidance.